Welcome to a River Center Prayer Meeting
All around Lebanon from House to House we are coming together on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for a time of prayer. Rather than sitting across the room we are sitting across town. Though seperated by distance we are united by our prayers.
"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him." I John 5:14-15
Won't you join with us on Wednesday night's and be the praying church.
“Together…the praying church”
Wednesday, May 20th
“We are Covenant People.”
Thank you all for joining us last Friday night for a global experience called, “For Such a Time as This.” Thousands of people gathered in Home Hubs to pray around specific needs.
This week on Wednesday night May 20th we are continuing our River Center prayer time we call, “Together…the praying church.” We are going to e bpraying into what it means to be a Covenant People.
Jeremiah 11 is the passage our Pastor mentioned where Jeremiah is speaking with the Lord, and he is reminding the people that he is in covenant with them. It doesn’t go will with Judah, because they broke covenant with God. It says, in vs. 10, “They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, who refused to hear my words. They have gone after other gods to serve them…”
Our God is a covenant keeping God, we can trust him that he will fulfill every aspect of the Covenant he has made with us. Let us pray that we will be a Covenant keeping people.
The Word of the Covenant
- The Blessing of Salvation (Ephesians 1:1-3; John 4:42; Acts 13:23)
- The Blessing of the Kingdom of God (Matthew 4:23-25; 9:35; 24:14)
- The Blessing of the Outpouring of the Spirit (Joel 2:28-32, Galatians 3:3,9,14,16,29)
- The Blessing of Healing (Psalm 103:1-4; Job 42:10; Mark 16:15-20)
- The Blessing of Deliverance, freed from sin. (Matthew 8:16,17; Acts 10:38)
- The Blessing of Eternal Life (John 3:16; I John 5:11,12; Galatians 2:20)
- On the Wicked Nations that have Rejected Jesus (Romans 1:18-32; Isaiah 60:12; Jeremiah 18:9-10)
- The Eternal Curse, the eternal separation from God into eternal damnation (Revelation 14:9-11; Matthew 25:41)
STOP and PRAY!!!
Give thanks for his blessings that are upon his people
Pray for those that fall under the curse of sin
The Blood of the Covenant
Thank Jesus for what he has done to establish covenant with us
- Jesus the fulfillment of the Old Testament Sacrifices (Hebrews 9 and 10)
- The Body and Blood of Jesus (Hebrews 10:11-14)
- The Table of the Lord (Matthew 26:26-28; Luke 22:19,20)
Jesus is our King and Priest
Jesus our Priest
- He speaks to God on our behalf (Hebrews 5:1-10)
- He is a mediator between God and Man (I Timothy 2:5,6; Zechariah 5:12,13)
- He makes intercession for us (Hebrews 4:15; Romans 8:34)
Jesus our King
- He sits at the right hand of the Father (Revelation 3:21-22)
- All kingdoms of this world are subject to him (Psalm 22:28; 72:11)
- He rules and reigns in righteousness, peace and joy (Romans 14:7; Isaiah 32:1)
STOP and PRAY!!!
Give thanks for all that Jesus has done in order that we can be in covenant with God.
Give Praise to Jesus who is our King and Priest
Pray that we will allow Jesus to be King over us in all things
The Seal of the Covenant
Ephesians 1:13-14, “13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.”
The Holy Spirit Himself is the Seal of the Covenant. We experience the indwelling and his abiding presence.
STOP AND PRAY!!!
Holy Spirit empower the New Covenant believer to be a witness
Holy Spirit lead and guide the believer into all truth
Holy Spirit enables the New Covenant believer to worship in spirit and in truth
Holy Spirit gives gifts to those whom he fills.
Close with this Declaration:
Thank you God for establishing a NEW COVENANT with us through the blood of Jesus and sealed it with the Holy Spirit. We commit to walking faithfully in this covenant relationship. We will not walk in the iniquity of our forefathers or worship any other gods. You are God alone, and You only will I serve!
Wednesday Night, May 06th
This evening let’s pray through what we frequently call, “The Lord’s Prayer”.
Please watch this short video by Pastor Warren: WATCH VIDEO
The Bible, in Matthew 5-7 records Jesus spending time with his disciples on the Mount of Olives. There he gives instruction to the disciples regarding when they pray. It is apparent that prayer is an act of a disciple. It’s not whether or not they pray but rather when they pray.
Let’s pick it up in verse 9 where he talks about how to pray.
“Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.”
- Lift up the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Give thanks to the Lord for all he has done
- Give thanks to the Lord for what he has yet to do
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.” (Psalm 100:4,5)
“Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- We are Kingdom people. Pray into creating a Kingdom culture, having a Kingdom mindset.
- This is God’s story. He is sovereign, pray that we will trust his rule and reign.
- Heaven is now and yet to come. Pray that the supernatural breaks into the natural world we live.
“Give us this day our daily bread.”
- God will provide. Pray that we will be anxious for nothing.
- Each day belongs to the Lord. Pray that we might rejoice at the start and end of every day.
- Pray for contentment, he knows what we need and he will provide.
“Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.”
- Pray against any harboring of offenses.
- Pray that forgiveness comes immediately. Pray we do not live with unforgiveness towards others.
- Pray for transparency, humility and vulnerability to be characteristics of our church.
“Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
- Praise Him for delivering us for the chains of sin.
- Praise Him for making us alive in Christ
- Praise Him for the Holy Spirit that shows us the way out of temptation
Some manuscripts end this passage with, “For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen”
I trust that the Lord’s instruction to us when we pray will be an encouragement as we walk through these times of separation.
Thank you for coming together this evening and spending time in prayer. Church, we are making a difference as we storm the gates of darkness together in prayer!
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting at our Home Hubs. April 29th, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Theme: Preparing for the Move of God!
Mike Betts in his book, “The Prayers of Many” writes, “…we need to rescue prayer from being a department or specialism. Too often prayer and intercession has come to be seen as a gift that only some people have…there is no gift of an intercessor in the Bible. There is however an activity of intercession which is for the whole church to engage in. Prayer is part of the inheritance of all believers-praying together is how we should live as believers.”
Prayer is preparing for a move of God. Tonight, lets come and pray that we will respond to the call of prayer in our church. It has been prophesied that we; the church, would be called a house of prayer.
“And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord, to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it, and holds fast my covenant—
7 these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.”
8 The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, declares, “I will gather yet others to him besides those already gathered.” Isaiah 56:6-8
Thank you for joining with us in Prayer!
Prayer Point #1, “Prayer of Thanksgiving”
Start by giving thanks to the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit
Give thanks for God’s provision
Give thanks for God’s favor
Give thanks for Salvation through Jesus Christ, God’s only Son
Prayer Point #2, “Praying for Changed Hearts”
Prepared hearts to beat in rhythm with the Spirit
Prepared feet to go wherever the Spirit leads us
Prepared minds to listen to what the Spirit is saying to the church
Prepared lifestyle, to adjust to the call of God on our lives
Prayer Point #3, “Increasing Corporate Prayer in our church community”
Willing to set aside distractions, that keep us from praying
Trusting God for the results
Everyone answering the call to pray
Understanding the value of corporate prayer, each person has a part
Seeing what only God sees, being obedient to the call
Prayer Point #4, “Power of the Holy Spirit, Breathe on US!”
Empower us to be a witness
Empower us to be people of faith
Empower us to speak with boldness
Empower us to go into the world and preach the Gospel.
Take a moment and pray in the Spirit, lifting up your prayer language, allowing the Spirit of God to encourage you and strengthen you for his good pleasure. (I Corinthians 14:4) AMEN
Let’s conclude our time be reading what Mike Betts and Apostle Paul says, “In approaching prayer, we must not be limited in our thinking to only the way our culture thinks; rational, logical and empirical. Ephesians 3:20 says, ‘Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us.’”
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US THIS EVENING!
Wednesday April 22, 2020
“Together we stand, apart we fall.”
In Ecclesiastes it’s recorded by King Solomon, “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up?” (Ecclesiastes 4:9,10)
Prayer is standing together to lift up another. Tonight I would encourage the church to stand with your brothers and sisters. They need you to lift them up.
Prayers of Thanksgiving
Thanking the Father
Thanking the Son
Thanking the Holy Spirit
Prayers for the Broken
Praying for Specific needs you know of: health, financial crisis, loss, heartbreak etc…
Praying for Specific people you know, that do not know Jesus Christ
Prayers for the World
Prayer for Bishop Eliudi Issangya in Tanzania: Bible School, Every one’s Health, Orphanage, Primary and Elementary Schools, Trade School, Clinic, Financial Blessing and Evangelistic Outreach
Praying for Lee Yarbrough in Mexico, Apostolic Leader with Christ Central, Health for people in Mexico, Church plants to grow and thrive and River Center connecting with Lee and Stacey
Praying for Jed and Kimberly in Ukraine (Gray and Vonnie Bittner’s Daughter and family) Health and Strength as they are on Mission in Ukraine. Financial blessing, Safety and Open doors. Pray for grace and wisdom as they serve at Romaniv Children’s Home Orphanage.
Prayers of Thanksgiving
Thankful for your Family
Thankful for your Church Family
Wednesday, April 15th "Joining with the Angels"
As we pray together this evening, let us pray with the anticipation the God is doing an amazing work in the lives of people all around the world.
Through prayer we are partners in this global adventure.
I wanted to share with all of us something God is speaking to the church during these times. Let this word be an encouragement to you. A couple of weeks ago Dwight Haley shared with me how God spoke to him through a dream, his devotions and a picture. I asked him if I could share it with the church.
Here you go…
I had a dream last night. A person I assumed was Jesus put something in my hands and asked the question, “What covenant have I made with my people?” I knew I was supposed to answer so in my dream I tried to remember all of God’s covenants. By the time I woke up I had forgotten the dream but I was reading Exodus 24 in my devotions and it starts in vs 10,
“And God said, ‘As of right now, I’m making a covenant with you: In full sight of your people I will work wonders that have never been created in all the earth, in any nation. Then all the people with whom you’re living will see how tremendous God’s work is, the work I’ll do for you. Take careful note of all I command you this day. I’m clearing your way by driving out Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hittites and Jebusites. Stay vigilant. Don’t let down your guard lest you make a covenant with the people who live in the land that you are entering and they trip you up…don’t worship any other god. God-his name is the Jealous One-is a jealous God. Vs 25. Don’t mix the blood of my sacrifices with anything fermented (pure sacrifice, pure worship) “
The day before as Joyce and I were praying about our nation I was shown a picture of a large group of angels (too many to count) waiting for a command from Jesus. They looked like warrior angels.
Tonight let these prayer points resonate in your homes. Let us join with the angels in battle, let our prayers be a declaration tonight, that we join with the angels of heaven and stand against anything that opposes our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let us become a warring church, put on our armor and ready ourselves for battle.
These first four main prayer points are from Dwight…
- God is going to work wonders that have never been seen before (v. 10-11)
- Prayers of Thanksgiving for what God is going to do
- B.Pray for our preparedness, being part of what God is going to do
- God desires to drive out all the ungodly leaders in the land (v. 11-12)
- Pray for Salvation to come to those that oppose God
- Pray for Godly leaders to rise up and lead our nation
- Don’t compromise God’s principles because of the world’s influence (v. 12)
- Pray that the truth will be in our hearts
- Pray that we speak the truth with love
- Pray that we are an influence to our world
- Don’t compromise in worship of God, pure worship (v. 25)
- Put aside any form of worship that is not pleasing to the Lord
- Let us fight our battles with praise and worship
- Pray that we would surrender all to Jesus as we worship
These next prayer points are from Pastor Warren
- Pray specifically for what we need to put on.
Read Ephesians 6:13-18 out loud,
“Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Take turns having each person pray for one of these armor pieces. Envision your family putting each one of the pieces on as your family prepares to join the angels in heaven for battle.
- What is opposing you? Speak (pray) against any flaming darts of the enemy. Do that now, lift up your voice and speak against the enemies plans to attack you.
Close this time of prayer with Thanksgiving to the Lord. Each person saying a prayer for what they are thankful for.
Wednesday, April 1st pray for our State and Nation
Tonight let us come together as we finish our prayer and fasting time. Please watch this video before you begin this time of prayer.
“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities’ resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,” Romans 13:1-3
- President Trump and Congress
- Governor Kate Brown and Representatives
- Wisdom and Grace
- Staying focused on the job at hand
- Non-partisan opportunities
- Holy Spirit bringing clarity in difficult decisions
- Those researching a cure for the virus
- Lord giving them a timely pathway
- Wisdom and Knowledge
- CDC and all health authorities
- Pray for Clarity with Communication
- Pray for truth and wisdom to be heard
- Praying for Communication from our National Leaders
- Praying for Revival, Jesus breaking into every circumstance
- Praying for healing of our land
- Praying for Repentance and Humility
- Praying for God’s will to be done so that He will be glorified.
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
Tuesday, March 31st focus on our Community
“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.” Matthew 25:37-40 (ESV)
Touching our Community
- How can we serve, praying specifically for ways we can help?
- Praying for businesses
- Praying for the various challenges that will come
- Good attitudes
- Positive Communication
- How can we help
- Trusting God in the way forward
Our Community Leaders
- Praying for our Mayor Paul Aziz
- Praying for our City Council
- Ward 1 - Councilor Robert Furlow
- Ward 1 - Councilor Wayne Rieskamp
- Ward 2 - Councilor Rebecca Grizzle
- Ward 2 - Councilor Karin Stauder
- Ward 3 - Councilor Jason Bolen
- Ward 3 - Councilor Michelle Steinhebel
- Praying for Bo Yates Superintendent
- Lebanon Schools, students and teachers
- Lebanon School District Board
- Tammy Schilling – Member
- Tom Oliver – Chair
- Mike Martin – Member
- Richard Borden – Member
- Praying for all the decisions and opportunities that we are facing in our School District
Our Community Health Providers
- Samaritan Health Services Regional President/CEO Doug Boysen
- Marty Cahill, MBA, FACHE President of Lebanon Community Hospital
- Board of Directors
- Samaritan and all the employees
- Health for the staff, admin, front office etc…
- Stress and Fatigue
- Patient Care
- PPE, provision for Personal Protection Equipment
- Specifically pray for our Doctors and Nurses
- Economic challenges in our community
Monday, March 30th praying for our church family
“And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family. 34 Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God.” Acts 16:31-34 (ESV)
Adding people to the family of God is one of the most precious acts of grace a person can experience. Let us pray that God will daily increase our family!
Let your prayer be inclusive, praying for everyone…
- Everyone fulfilling the mission of “Creating an Environment of Reproduction”.
- Everyone serving somewhere
- Everyone being in ministry
- Everyone communicating the gospel to our community
- Everyone “All In”, there are no other options but Christ.
- Everyone full of passion and joy for extending the Kingdom of God
- People getting saved, water baptized, filled with the Holy Spirit
- Planting Churches
- Starting more Community Groups all over the area
- Christ Centered Businesses, Godly leadership
The Family of God thriving in financial crisis
- Financial Breakthrough
- Money vs. God the next Marvel Movie, we know who wins
- Generosity leads to provision
- Family and finances walking in unity. Everyone on the same page
- Trusting God First
- Taking God’s Money and Invest in the Kingdom of God, the return will be out of this world, literally!
Our Family responding in Crisis
- Staying Together in Crisis
- Make a decision to connect with people in the church
- Take advantage of the prayer times
- Use the resources available to not be alone
- Change your routine to give God the space to be God in your life
- Closing the gap between broken homes and family members
- Connecting our church family with the community of Lebanon
- Covid-19, praying for health and protection
Wednesday March 25th
Family Time, make a meal together and while spending time, talk about those things that would be edifying and encouraging to the family. Laugh at life’s quirks, things don’t always go as planned express how you adjusted to life’s twists and turns.
6:35 p.m. Together begin praying for these things. Giving everyone in the family an opportunity to pray. Agree together as hundreds of other people are agreeing with you.
Prayers of Thanksgiving
Matthew 6:9, “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name…”
Begin to lift of the various names attributed in scripture to the Lord.
- The Word John 1:1
- Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6
- Savior John 4: 42
- Rock I Corinthians 10:4
- Living Water John 4:10
- Holy One Mark 1:24
- Lord of lords I Timothy 6:15
- Messiah Daniel 9:25
- Light of the World John 8:12
- Redeemer Job 19:25
Prayers of Faith
- Healing those that have the Corona Virus
- Healing the hearts of people that do not believe Jesus is Lord
- Bring Revival to our Nation
- Gospel Explosion in our Community, people drawn to community
Prayer for our Community
- Fear and Worry over what our nation is facing due to the Covid-19
- Jobs, financial challenges
- People loving people
Closing Prayer of Praise
Praise him, for he is good and he is worthy of our praise.