River Center "Prayer and Fasting"
January 27th - 31st
"This kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting" Matthew 17:21
Please consider joining us for a week of prayer and fasting as we start 2020.
Setting time aside for specific needs as well as allowing the holy spirit to lead you
and your family is invaluable.
We have included a schedule of times when we will be gathering together at the River Center during this week.
Theme: Provision, "God is our source not just a resource"
During our time together may you see God as the source of all things. He is the sustainer of life. Colossians 1:17 (ESV), "And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."
Monday 27th 6pm to 7pm “Restoration the Nations”
Believing God for a Spiritual Awaking in the United States, Tanzania, Mexico etc... Restoring Godly values through Godly Leaders.
Tuesday 28th 6pm to 7pm “Financial Breakthrough”
Praying for stewardship and generosity to walk hand in hand as we are responsible for all that God has given us. Being a blessing to others.
Wednesday 29th 6pm to 7pm “Family Dynamics”
There are so many aspects of the ‘family dynamics’, Lord provide us with wisdom and grace to face every challenge.
Thursday 30th 6pm to 7pm “Living in Abundance”
How do we live knowing what we know about the Gospel? He has provided us with 100% of what we need. How does our abundance impact others?
Friday 31st 6pm to 7pm “Physical Wellness”
Today is a day of deliverance, let’s believe in the Holy Spirit being poured out on God’s people.
Fasting: is a willing abstinence or reduction from certain food or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time, depending on the person. We’ve included a number of different types of fasting. Please read Isaiah 58 as you begin this time of fasting and prayer.
- A full fast: This can be used in an emergency situation. It includes a 3 day fast without food or water. Queen Ester called the entire nation of Israel to fast for their deliverance. Esther 4:16
- Daniel Fast: Abstaining from certain foods for a period of time such as luxury foods. Daniel 10:2-12 Daniel fasted for 21 days on vegetables. He had no processed carbs, juices, no coffee, no sweets!
- Fasting from indulgences: God may speak to us individually for anything that He wants us to sacrifice for a period of time. This scan be fasting from many things such as coffee, deserts, TV, shopping, and social media.
- A Regular Fast: Traditionally, a regular fast mean refraining from eating all food. Most people still drink water or juice during regular fast. Matthew 4:1-11, Jesus fasting in the wilderness
- A Partial Fast: This type of fast generally refers to omitting a specific meal from your diet or refraining from certain types of foods. You’re going to fast breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a week, usually choosing only one meal a day to omit from your diet.
Genesis 12:1-3, “Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and you kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.”
Isaiah 58:6, “Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?”